Floating Pond Plants
Floating pond plants provide shade and cover for fish and other pond life, as well as being a food source and site to lay eggs. These plants are also perfect for keeping the water cooler which helps reduce algae growth and green water. They can reach areas of the pond which the leaves of water lilies and the like can’t, making floating plants a unique contributor to your pond.
These free-floating plants have the added benefit of oxygenating the water which helps maintain the health of your pond. It is generally advised to keep two-thirds of a pond covered with floating leaves to keep your pond in the best possible condition.
Shop floating pond plants from Shirley Aquatics to discover our wide range of choices, you will be sure to find exactly what you need to make your garden pond look gorgeous!
Please note that our pond plant stocks do vary, especially during the winter months. We recommend calling us on 0121 744 1300 or get in touch to confirm what we have in store before placing your order or coming into our store.
How do I feed frozen bloodworm to a fish?Read More
What is the best thermostat for my Heat bulb?Read More
What is the best heating for my Terrapin?Read More
Why buy from us?
- Great Customer Service
- The personal touch
- We enjoy going the extra mile
- Always on the lookout for new and exciting things
- If we haven’t got it we will hunt it down and get it for you
- Competitive prices
- Exclusive ranges
- Decades of experience
- Great relationships with all of our suppliers, they are as keen as we are to help you
- Thousands of products on display
- Knowledgeable staff with experts in every aspect
- Last but not least…We care! Sounds cheesy, but we care about you, your pets, our store, our animals and each other