Oxygenating Pond Plants
Oxygenating pond plants are considered one of the most important plants you can add to your pond. They are classed as an oxygenator as they are fast-growing, using the nutrients that would otherwise be used by algae, they then release oxygen to benefit the pond.
As well as keeping the pond clear and algae free, they are a natural equilibrium in the pond, if your oxygenating plants aren’t growing well in your water it is a sign you have low water quality and low supply of CO2, which will also increase the growth of algae.
Shirley Aquatics has a wide range of oxygenating plants, you will be sure to find exactly what you need to make your garden pond look gorgeous whilst ensuring that it stays in top condition!
Please note that our pond plant stocks do vary, especially during the winter months. We recommend calling us on 0121 744 1300 or get in touch to confirm what we have in store before placing your order or coming into our store.
Martin Litt 17.03.21
Pond Plants – Shirley Aquatic’s Quick GuideRead More
How do I feed frozen bloodworm to a fish?Read More
What is the best thermostat for my Heat bulb?Read More
Why buy from us?
- Great Customer Service
- The personal touch
- We enjoy going the extra mile
- Always on the lookout for new and exciting things
- If we haven’t got it we will hunt it down and get it for you
- Competitive prices
- Exclusive ranges
- Decades of experience
- Great relationships with all of our suppliers, they are as keen as we are to help you
- Thousands of products on display
- Knowledgeable staff with experts in every aspect
- Last but not least…We care! Sounds cheesy, but we care about you, your pets, our store, our animals and each other