Tropic Marin Classic Marine Aquarium Salt
£9.99 – £74.99
Pure, pharmaceutical grade sea salt containing all trace elements found in natural seawater.
From (osmosis-) water to seawater. Tropic Marin® Sea Salt Classic is made up of all of the macro elements and trace elements in a natural balance, contained within the ocean, and it is free from artificial additives, nitrates and phosphates. The trace elements remain completely soluble in the mixed crystals. Contains appropriate amounts of bicarbonates which stabilise the aquariums alkalinity and pH.
Tropic Marin® Sea Salt Classic is an ideal foundation for the care and growth of all marine organisms in an aquarium. Use seawater prepared with Tropic Marin® Sea Salt Classic for regular water changes in your seawater aquarium, to start a new aquarium and to re-equilibrate the pH of a tank.
- 2kg Box – for approx. 60 litres of saltwater
- 4kg Box – for approx. 120 litres of saltwater
- 10kg Bucket – for approx. 300 litres of saltwater
- 25kg Bucket – for approx. 750 litres of saltwater
Max 25kg per order. If you require more please contact us so we can advise.
• Provides the ideal environment for the care of all marine organisms in the aquarium, including even the most sensitive species.
• Contains all major- and minor elements in the exact proportions found in tropical sea water.
• To maintain the alkalinity in a 9-10° dKH range.
• Stabilizes the pH value.
• High solubility in water.
• Free from nitrates, phosphates and other unwanted chemicals.
• Manufactured from pure, pharmaceutical grade salts, which has the most stringent quality
control measures for the production of pharmaceuticals.
• Used successfully for many years in zoos, public aquariums and scientific institutions around the world.
How to use:
To achieve a salinity level of 32-35 ‰ (psu), dissolve 35 ml of Tropic Marin® Sea Salt Classic per liter or approximately ½ cup of Tropic Marin® Sea Salt Classic per US gallon water. Dissolve almost all of the salt in a clean container already filled with the full volume of RO/DI water at a temperature of 73-77 °F / 23-25 °C while circulating/stirring the water. Do not concentrate the mixture by adding the full amount of salt to a smaller amount of water.
Note: Always add the salt to the water, never the water to the salt. Making a concentrated mixture will cause a calcium carbonate precipitate to form.
When you have added ALMOST all of the salt and the mixture is fully dissolved and clear, start measuring the specific gravity with a hydrometer or similar instrument. Keep adding small amounts of salt until the specific gravity is the value you desire. The specific gravity of the sea salt solution should range from 1.025 to 1.027 (at 73-77 °F / 23-25 °C) and the pH -value should be in the range of 8.0 – 8.4. If all parameters are correct, the salt water is ready to use.
After setting up a new aquarium it takes a few weeks of water being circulated and correct lighting conditions to achieve the biologically stable environment required for the care and breeding of delicate marine organisms.
A weekly, partial water change, replacing 10 % of the total water volume with Tropic Marin® Sea Salt Classic, will help to maintain the water quality that your livestock needs for good health.
Parameters: approx. 9-10° KH, calcium approx. 380 ppm, magnesium approx. 1260 ppm
Application: For fish only tanks and reef tanks with soft corals with no special requirements. To maintain the alkalinity in a 9-10 °dH range.
Use Tropic Marins new dosing calculator for an easy determination of the required amount of salt for your aquarium.