Reptile Systems Gold Infrared Unit 75 Watt – incl. Lamp
Unique Gold Infrared Unit 75W
• Uses the latest heating technology for reptiles.
• Provides high levels of heat with low visible light.
• Rich in Infrared A and Infrared B.
• High energy efficiency compared to basking spots.
• Should be used with a dimming thermostat.
• High wattage model available for large enclosures.
• Infrared light contributes to heat regulation within the animal.
• Supports digestion, promotes well being and natural activity.
• Suitable to use the main heat source in your terrarium.
• Infrared reduces stress by not disrupting the day night cycle.
This product provides a high level of heat and a low level of visible light. Infrared light is direct and not effected by air movement making it up to fifty percent more effective than other methods of heating. The heat is projected over a large area, which unlike that of spot lamp allows for a more natural basking experience. This large area is full of energy rich infrared which is reflected and absorbed by the surrounding surfaces much in the way the sun provides heat; you would feel a warm, pleasant sensation as the near infrared penetrated your skin and the heat that had been absorbed and stored by the sand under your feet which has been re-radiated by conduction. This radiator effect is IR-c as it will also heat the surrounding air, via convection, much in the same way a radiator will heat your home. This also explains the three ways heat is transferred: radiation, conduction and convection.
The lamp is simple to use, much like any other type of heating product – think of it as a light bulb without the light! It should always be used with a dimming thermostat and the correct wattage for the size of enclosure and the amount of heat you wish to produce. It can also be used as the main source of heat for your enclosure.