Marginal Pond Plants
Marginal plants grow in the shallow edges in your pond, the margins, with their roots on aquatic planting shelves. They bring shape to the water’s edge and provide eye-catching foliage throughout the seasons. We also sell deep water marginal plants for ponds with deeper edges.
These pond plants help maintain the health of your pond by shading the water surface, providing protection, a food source and egg-laying areas for your fish and pond inhabitants. These plants also reduce the heat of the pond water, therefore reducing the growth of algae.
It is generally advisable to trim away foliage as it dies in the autumn to avoid any plant matter breaking down into your pond and affecting the water quality and fish health. Browse the wide range of marginal pond plants at Shirley Aquatics to create the perfect environment for your fish friends whilst also building a beautiful area. You will be sure to find exactly what you need to keep your pond in top condition.
How do I feed frozen bloodworm to a fish?Read More
What is the best thermostat for my Heat bulb?Read More
What is the best heating for my Terrapin?Read More
Why buy from us?
- Great Customer Service
- The personal touch
- We enjoy going the extra mile
- Always on the lookout for new and exciting things
- If we haven’t got it we will hunt it down and get it for you
- Competitive prices
- Exclusive ranges
- Decades of experience
- Great relationships with all of our suppliers, they are as keen as we are to help you
- Thousands of products on display
- Knowledgeable staff with experts in every aspect
- Last but not least…We care! Sounds cheesy, but we care about you, your pets, our store, our animals and each other